LJ-Picturing Food, 2.18.06: lemon dressing salads and tiramisu

I usually don't post because my photos, when I take them, are oogie, but my friend Terry took these.

All three salads were dressed with different variations of the same lemon zest dressing. There was a couscous salad with dried apricots, basil, mozzarella cheese, and pine nuts; red potato salad with fresh basil; and spinach and raspberry salad with mozarella cheese. I made my first tiramisu from scratch, right down to the ladyfinger ... singular because it was in cake form instead of in cookie form, so maybe they're not even called ladyfingers, but I don't know for sure. There was also garlic artisan bread and marinated mozzarella balls (lotsa mozz = my friend). While we were waiting for the tiramisu to set, we walked down to the Wild Oats market to buy chocolate bars. Yum! We tried the Kshocolat Lemon & Pepper White Chocolate bar, and the xocolatl and lavendar bars from Dagoba. Decadent! Tomorrow is the Arizona Renaissance Festival. Maybe I'll post photos of Scotch Eggs. ;D







Comments

Popular Posts