The Winter Festival of Pie, 2007

One of my good friends does not celebrate any of the religious winter holidays, but she still wanted to celebrate something, preferably during the winter time; thus, she made up the annual Winter Festival of Pie (TWFoP). I think 2007 marked the festival's 4th year. It's a pieluck, like a potluck, only everyone must bring pie in some way, shape, or form. This includes quiche, tarts, and pizzas, and newly accepted--hand pies, even runsas and pasties. Without further ado, and sort of in order of appearance (please mouseover for titles):

Julie's figs and frangipane crostata

Julie's peanut butter tiny pies

Nikki's tamale pie

Kat and Ben's citrus cream pie

Donna's cheese and onion pie

Iain's other hamburger pie

Iain and Ginger's (?) key lime cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory

Chris Wass' purple sweet potato and sage pie

Donna's fried applie pies

Brian and Czarina's banana cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory

Maureen'd frito pie

marshmallow, coconut, and chocolate pie

Wayne's chocolate banana cream pie

pumpkin pie with almonds

Sue and Tabor's chocolate cheesecake

Wendy's vegetarian pie

Nathan's vegetarian shepherd's pie

Jesse's mini raspberry pies

Ray and Krista's lemon meringue pie

And:

Chris' mulled wine

Chris' mulled wine

DSChris' mulled wine

Chris' mulled wine

Let's recap:

some of the dessert pies

Some of the savory pies

A few additional, yet redundant, photos at The Winter Festival of Pie, 2007 flickr set.

Comments

Michael Marsh said…
On the pumpkin pie, those look more like pecans. Everything looks really good — just what I need to see first thing in the morning!
Julie said…
Michael! All I can say is "awww, nuts!" ;D Glad to make your morning--may it lead to just as great a day!
eatme_delicious said…
Wow I think I want to adopt this holiday!
Anonymous said…
Holy Eff! That's a lot of pie. It has to be the greatest holiday man has ever known.

btw, have you seen the movie "Waitress" with Kerri Russel? It's a great movie about a waitress that makes all these different kinds of pies. I highly recommend it.
Julie said…
ED--do it! My friend takes a poll a month or so before to find out which day in December works best for the most people, and that's the day we celebrate it. I love convenient holidays!

Marvin, it truly is great and worthy of our worship! I've been eying "Waitress," too. I'm ashamed to say that I have woefully little history with foodie movies. I've been meaning to amend that, though!

Popular Posts