Candy!

Confession: I dig chocolate. Hard candy is easy to pass over, but show me chocolate, and I'm in awe. Chocolate and stuff is especially nice, with chocolate and peanut butter acting as royalty in my scheme of things. Remember, friends--try to make healthy choices, but don't deprive yourself all of the time--moderation and all that jazz. And, uh, don't beat yourself up after you find yourself hiding under the covers, surrounded by wrappers and choco smudges every where. It happens to the best and worst of us! Just get back on track after the fact (the last couple of sentences are reminders to myself).

Violet crumble: I first ran into this at the bookstore in college--a lonely box at the register. Intrigued by the "honey comb" idea, I bought one, and loved how it was like an airy Butterfinger--a good taste, but not nearly as annoying to eat. I was bummed when I found it was an Australian candy, not sold in the mainstream here. Luckily, one of my goodest friends travels to Aus once a year and bring a bag bad stateside for me. I have this latest bag in my cupboard--a prize for reaching goals.
violet crumble

Kinder bueno three pack: I never had Kinder until I found these at the commissary on base when I was visiting my parents over Thanksgiving. I gave some to some friends and kept one for me--very tasty.
kinder bueno

Kinder bueno, mas.
kinder bueno

Two individual kinder buenos.
kinder bueno

"Crunchy wafers with creamy nut filling in milk chocolate."
kinder bueno

Those are good, but then there's candy from the heart.
Beth made peanut butter bonbons for me, pleased that she'd learned how to temper chocolate to make a snappy shell.
Beth's peanut butter bonbons

They were wonderful!
Beth's peanut butter bonbons

And my boss' wife makes wonderful chocolate-covered toffee for the holidays.
Bert's toffee

And then there are good ideas surrounding candy. Get thee to a Target, and look for this box.
St. Jude's truffle tiles

The back will map the flavors (dark or milk chocolate) and tell you the stories of the tile artists.
St. Jude's truffle tiles

They're so charming.
St. Jude's truffle tiles

How could you not want that?
St. Jude's truffle tiles

And sometimes, I fernagle my own fix--natural p.b. on lowfat grahams under semisweet chocolate. Ah!
peanut butter grahams

Hit the spot!
peanut butter grahams

Comments

Popular Posts