Public Market, February 2

Yes, this post is way overdue! I went to the market on Feb. 2 and bought produce to last until I knew I'd go back to the Feb. 7 market with Hun. And I haven't been back to the market since!

Radishes from One Windmill Farm
One Windmill Farm's radishesv

Pea shoots from One Windmill Farm
One Windmill Farm's blossoming pea shoots

I wanted to go yesterday, but I was very busy building a wedding cake (coming soon to a post near you) for two of my amazingest friends. Of course I missed going, especially because Cindy, the market's chief, was giving a tour of the building that would soon house the permanent, 7-day-a-week market, adjacent to the market lot. Rats! No matter--I'll make my way into that building eventually! And even awesomer news--the Downtown Phoenix Public Market celebrates it's third anniversary this Saturday! And that I wouldn't miss for the world! Happy Almost Birthday, Public Market!!!

Addendum: Whoops, forgot some photos!

Yummy lentil curry from Saptan's Chill Out Cafe
Sapna's lentil curry, Feb. 2, 2008

Feb. 2 haul: Mexican wedding cookies from Bread Basket Bakery; broccoli, acorn squash, onions, radishes, and pea shoots from One Windmill Farm; extra virgin olive oil from Queen Creek Olive Mill; a cellophane bag of crispy, chocolatey, nutty yummy squares, a caramel tart, and a box of truffles from 602 chocolates; and two truffles from La Belle Fleur (many, many chocolate treats for my Hun's Valentine's Day basket)
Public Market, Feb. 2, 2008

Truffles from Belle Fleur
truffles, La Belle Fleur

Truffles from 602 Chocolates
truffles, 602 Chocolates

truffles, 602 Chocolates

Mexican wedding cookies from Bread Basket Bakery
Mexican wedding cookies, Bread Basket Bakery

Mexican wedding cookies, Bread Basket Bakery

Comments

Popular Posts