Student Diary: Advanced Pastry Arts, Day 12

A "friandise"--basically, a plate for small desserts. I made it out of pastillage, or sugar dough.
my friandise



And while I was happy with my pastillage project, I was really wowwed by Marcus' pastillage showpiece, which I called the devil penguin goes to hell.
Marcus and his showpiece

Marcus and his showpiece

Marcus and his showpiece

Marcus and his showpiece

My little glue gun came in handy. Yes, we used hot glue to assemble these. We could've used melted sugar, but hot glue is easier to work with. It wouldn't fly in a competition setting, though.

Comments

Anonymous said…
What beautiful sculpture you have there! ;)
Julie said…
Thanks! It's trickier to work with than I though, but I love the effects you can pull off with it!

Popular Posts