DeCio pasta (and friends)

Dinner by Desktop: DeCio wild mushroom handmade pasta. The ISO setting on my camera doesn't show the lovely purple color very well, but you can see it in the picture at the bottom.
DeCio wild mushroom pasta

But first, I've had other desktop meals
Leftover pad thai from Thai Basil--yummy, though I was wishing for more peanuts. I was happy that, even after re-heating, the noodes didn't goop up into a solid, inseparable mass. Nobody likes Pad Thai pop on a (chop)stick.
Thai Basil pad thai

An incredible Bread Basket Bakery macaroon from the Public Market
Public Market macaroon

None of the horrible, dry coconut that so many macaroon suffer from--moist and butter all the way through, soft and a little little bit chewy middle, under a toasty, delicately crunchy shell. I was also happy that it didn't just crumble into pieces when I bit into it.
Public Market macaroon

Now, going back to the DeCio pasta. I got mine from the Public Market. It's sold in long packs.
DeCio wild mushroom pasta

Label front
DeCio wild mushroom pasta

Ingredients
DeCio wild mushroom pasta

Pasta pot--I've been told all through cooking school that one of the most common mistakes people make when cooking pasta is cooking it in too small a pot, in too little water, so I use my giant pot even if I'm making only one serving. This ensures that you I won't drop the water temperature too much when I add the pasta, and that all the pasta starches don't make the pasta goopy and sticky as the pasta cooks in the pot. The lady who sold the pasta to me emphasized repeatedly that I shouldn't overcook it, saying that 2 or 3 minutes should do it. Almost as soon as it hit the water, I could smell the good, earthy aroma of mushrooms. I pulled it out at 2.5 minutes, and it was wonderful, al dente. The same mushroom scent I got during cooking sort of echoed through my nasal passages, and not at all obtrusively.
DeCio wild mushroom pasta

I was also strongly advised to dress it with as little as possible--no sauce, but instead with a drizzle of olive oil, and maybe a light, light sprinkle of cheese. I drizzled some on, along with a light grating of Parmesan cheese. Mmm. The mushroom taste was so nice!
DeCio wild mushroom pasta

I don't often eat pasta (the recent vegetable lasagna aside), but when I do, it's nice to go fabulous. This will make a nice occasional treat, and one serving (with about four in the package) is very filling.

Comments

Popular Posts