Daring Bakers December: Dutch sweet bread (Ontbijtkoek)--Kruidkoek





For the month of December, Andrea from 4pure took us on a trip to the Netherlands. She challenged us to take our taste buds on a joyride through the land of sugar and spice by baking three different types of Dutch sweet bread

I chose to bake the kruidkoek, which was the only bread that didn't need whole wheat. I'm not opposed to whole wheat at all--I just didn't have any on hand at the time I had a chance to bake the bread.








It rose really beautifully in the oven.




It had a nice, light, even crumb.







You can check out my fellow DBers' Dutch sweet breads through our blogroll. And here is the rest of it.

Comments

4pure by Andrea said…
Your kruidkoek looks so delicious! Thank you for joining the challenge this month

Popular Posts