Blog awards are fun! Thanks to Amy over at CraftiFish for passing the Lovely Blog award down to me. I've taken almost a month to think of my favorite 15 lovely blogs. These are what I've come up with:
1. CraftiFish http://craftifish.blogspot.com (Returning the favor--Amy shows her beautiful work here, as well as has a nice "weekly article" format where she writes on topics every week, often focusing on other fabulous vendors from around etsy and the rest of the Internet)
2. The Jolly Porter http://thejollyporter.blogspot.com (I love his layout that shows all the things he loves, and he's a truly witty writer--his posts always leave me cracking up)
3. NieNie Dialogues http://nieniedialogues.blogspot.com (I fell in love with this one when I was buying my condo over 2 years ago--Nie puts beautiful touches over every inch of her house, and the clincher for me was what she did with some extra scrapbook paper against a yellow wall. It was easy to get caught up in wanting to follow her as she wrote about her love of life and everything in it, even on rough days. It took a turn when she was in an airplane accident that burned her over 80% of her body. She and her family are so amazing--in fact, The Jolly Porter is her brother!)
4. 101 Cookbooks http://www.101cookbooks.com (Good, healthy, natural food--Heidi's blog has been my source for years when I've wanted great recipes that made beautiful food)
5. The Girl Who Ate Everything http://www.roboppy.net/food (Funny as all get out, Robyn introduced me to some of my favorite food terminology, such as "nom" and "nom nom." I live vicariously through her blog as she eats her way around NYC)
6. Burnt Lumpia http://burntlumpia.typepad.com (As a fellow first-generation Filipino-American--meaning our parents are from the islands and we were born here--I'm always able to relate to Marvin's hilarious musings on growing up in a cross-culture household. He's getting in touch with his identity through food, and putting his own fabulous and talented spin on traditional Filipino grub)
7. Canelle et Vanille http://cannelle-vanille.blogspot.com (My favorite blog for dessert eye candy, and my go-to girl for her citrus curd recipe)
8. Bent Objects http://bentobjects.blogspot.com (Funny, intensely creative and talented, kinda raunchy--one of my favorite spots throughout the week)
9. Kris’s Color Stripes http://color-stripes.blogspot.com (I could comb through her site for days. She takes images and objects, and turns them into color bars, like you could take your favorite childhood toy, find its colors, then take it to the Home Depot so you can buy paints based off it, then end up with, like, The Big Wheel Bedroom--very soothing)
10. Pain in the English http://painintheenglish.com/ (Nerd love here--it just speaks my language--ha!)
11. the affected provincial’s almanack http://lord-whimsy.livejournal.com/ (Allen literally finds the beauty and wonder around him and puts it out for all his readers to see. And he really is a gentle soul. Read his book!)
12. Tartlette http://www.mytartelette.com/ (More yummy dessert eye candy)
13. Eating Asia http://eatingasia.typepad.com (And food eye candy from afar--specifically, Southeast Asia--my parents' homeland. I love seeing how other cultures live and eat, and this blog helps me do that with amazing photography)
14. Borrowed Blue Photography http://borrowedblue.wordpress.com (If I ever get married, or do anything important, or were found dead in the street--any way I could possibly be photographed, I'd want these photographers to capture it. I mean, if it had to be captured, and someone had to capture it. Or something.)
15. Design Sponge http://www.designspongeonline.com/ (More design goodness. I have zero knack for interior design, so I appreciate those who can do it that much more.)
To pass the award on, look no further than below the cut!
There be rules one must follow to board this ship:
1. Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award, and his or her blog link.
2. Pass the award to 15 other blogs that you’ve newly discovered.
3. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.