Daring Bakers November: Cheesecake crumble pie

For the month of November Krista & Nicole of "Two Cups of Sugar." challenged us to make our own version of cheesecake crumble pie.

20151114_190528
I made a blueberry cheesecake with walnut crumble.



I served it at my annual Fall Dinner, so I didn't get a proper beauty shot, but there it was in all its glory, and my friends told me they enjoyed it. I think I overbaked it a bit, but it was hard to test. The telltale sign should've been how it sank a bit toward the end of baking.

20151113_230520
This was shortly after I put it in the oven--it should've looked about the same by the time I took it out.

20151113_230245
The blueberry cheesecake filling, ready to go.

20151113_224824
You bake the cheesecake first before adding the topping. At first I thought maybe the crumble weighed the cheesecake down and smushed it, but the filling was also just a bit drier than I like it. Then again, all the other cheesecake crumble pies look the same except for the one in the hostess' actual recipe, so there could've been a glitch somewhere.

Check out my fellow DBers' cheesecake crumble pies through our blogroll.

Comments

Popular Posts